The University of Passau sees itself as a cosmopolitan place of learning and enjoys an excellent reputation far beyond the borders of Germany. Some key figures:
- Partnership agreements with about 200 higher education institutions on all five continents
- International joint research programmes, such as the German-Southeast Asian Center of Excellence for Public Policy and Good Governance – one of four global centres of excellence established under the Foreign Trade Programme of the German Federal Foreign Office – and the tri-national Doctoral Research Training Group on Multimedia Distributed and Pervasive Systems
- Degree programmes with a strong international orientation: 45% of our Master's programmes are international in scope
- The University of Passau has about 700 international students from 77 countries, in addition to anywhere between 210 to 250 exchange students studying in Passau in any given semester
- Exceptionally high international mobility among Passau's student population: Students at the University of Passau are among the top 10 most likely to complete part of their degree programme abroad (statistic compiled by the DAAD; 3rd place in 2009, 1st place among the Bavarian universities). Returning students bring with them many intercultural experiences, which they also impart on their fellow students.
- Our students also contribute a great deal of cosmopolitanism through their international experiences gained during their studies and internships abroad and by actively participating in the many international student societies