On the following pages you will get answers to important questions such as:
- Do I need a visa or residence permit? Where do I apply for one?
- How do I go about looking for a place to stay in Passau? How much rent should I expect to pay?
- Do I need to take out German health insurance? If so, which insurer should I choose?
- What is the cost of living in Passau?
- How do I get about in Passau? Do I need to buy a bus pass?
- How do I get to Passau?
Studying in Germany in ten steps
The videos in the playlist below were produced by Study-in.de, who have kindly made them available for use on our website. In ten short clips, you will find out, from the perspective of an international student, what formalities you need to take care of after coming to Germany. Please note that this version has English subtitles; if you wish to view a version with German subtitles, please change the page language to German.
Contact for enquiries
Fax: +49 851 509 1164 internationaluni-passau.de Office hours:
Mon-Fri 08:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Administration building, 1st floor
Webinar for prospective students
Attend our upcoming webinar at 5 p.m. on 4 July on how to apply at the University of Passau. The webinar is held in German, but you can ask questions in English using the chat function.