Knowledge transfer sections of Bavarian universities and Bavarian universities for applied sciences
The launch of the website tbh.bayern offers a common platform for the 10 transfer sections of universities (TBU) and the 17 transfer sections of universities of applied sciences (TBHAW) in Bavaria. In just one place the platform provides information about services and contact details of each transfer section in a very convenient way.
Together the transfer sections of Bavarian universities (TBU) and of Bavarian universities of applied sciences (TBHAW) supply help for businesses and companies and support official organisations as well as researchers who would like to work together with external partners. Evaluations, consultations, analyses, R&D-orders, final papers or seminars are just some out of many different possible forms of co-operation.
Umbrella organisation for the knowledge transfer sections of Bavarian universities (TBU)
The University of Passau is a member of the umbrella organisation for the knowledge transfer sections of Bavarian universities (TBU). The TBU was established by the Bavarian State Government in connection with its knowledge and technology transfer promotion initiative. This organisation gives interested businesses access to the available spectrum of knowledge pooled from ten Bavarian universities.
The TBU's terms of reference are:
- provide support when initiating and facilitating cooperative partnerships with industrial companies and SMEs
- provide networking with regional and national partners under the relevant programmes
- consult on state subsidy programmes for business start-ups (FLÜGGE, EXIST)
- provide support and advice to university spin-offs
- consult on available subsidies for trade fair participations (CEBIT, Systems, etc.)
- provide assistance and organisational support for transfer-specific events
Transfer portal for Bavarian Higher Education Institutions (BayDat)
The Transfer portal for Bavarian Higher Education Institutions (BayDat) is a joint project of the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and the Arts, TBU – the umbrella organisation for the knowledge transfer sections of Bavarian universities – and the Bavarian universities of applied sciences. BayDat has as its aim to promote collaboration between HEIs and business enterprises, and enables users to find information and contact persons from various Bavarian HEIs, including:
- profiles of the Bavarian universities and universities of applied sciences, complete with all schools and faculties and their main practice-oriented institutions
- about 1,300 competence profiles of Bavarian scientists and scholars interested in cooperating with businesses, including their existing cooperative partnerships and projects
- a partnership exchange that allows users to post and search for specific offers