Applicants who have shown particularly good results on their degree programmes are eligible for the scholarship of 300 euros per month. This scholarship is not means-tested. When considering the applications, the Deutschlandstipendium team takes into account prior academic performance, as well as social commitment and personal achievements.
The scholarship holders are chosen by a selection committee of the University of Passau. Applications for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship should be made at the start of the winter semester. There is no limitation on the number of times you may apply for the scholarship, even if you have already been funded in a previous semester.
Half of the scholarship is financed by private sponsors, while the other half comes from a federal grant. Successful applicants receive the scholarship for a minimum of one year (six months in exceptional cases), and up to the standard duration of study for the relevant degree programme.
The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship of the University of Passau is sponsored by
- 4process AG
- AlumniClub - Ehemaligenverein der Universität Passau e. V.
- Franz und Maria Stockbauer'sche Stiftung (Löwenbrauerei Passau)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Neuburger Gesprächskreis Wissenschaft und Praxis an der Universität Passau e. V.
- Micro-Epsilon Messtechnik GmbH
- msg systems AG
- The Foundation of the University of Passau
- Soroptimist International Club Passau
- Sparkasse Passau
- Verlagsgruppe Passau GmbH
- Wacker Chemie AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- and other sponsors who do not wish to be named.