Your enrolment ends automatically at the end of the semester in which you complete your final examination. See art. 49 sec. 1 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG).
In accordance with the above law, your enrolment on the programme is terminated if:
- you withdraw from the programme (i.e. give a written request for termination of enrolment)
- a reason comes to light which, in accordance with art. 46 BayHSchG, would have prevented you from enrolling in your degree programme
- you have failed a required assessment, having exhausted all resit possibilities or if, for reasons within your responsibility, you do not meet the conditions for registering for an assessment, unless you are changing to another degree programme
- you do not provide proof of payment of the fees or contributions payable at re-registration, or if you do not provide the student health insurance certificate for reasons within your responsibility
- there is substantiated evidence that you enrolled or re-registered in bad faith
If you wish to withdraw from the programme in accordance with art. 49, sec. 2 no. 1 Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG), you should submit a written application for termination of enrolment (in German), on which you must indicate the exact date of de-registration. The de-registration date cannot be prior to the date of reception of the application. You will receive your de-registration certificate by post.
If you have already paid your semester contribution, you will only be reimbursed if you are de-registered from the programme before the start of the relevant semester, i.e. before 1 October or 1 April, as the case may be.