The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship plays a key role in financing students' degree studies. Applicants starting out on their degree programmes who have shown particularly good results are eligible for the scholarship of 300 euros per month. This scholarship is not means-tested. When considering the applications, the Deutschlandstipendium team takes into account prior academic performance, as well as social commitment and personal achievements.
The scholarship is financed fifty percent by private sponsors, the other half comes from a federal grant. Successful applicants receive the scholarship for a minimum of one year (six months in exceptional cases), and up to the standard duration of study for the relevant degree course.
The scholarship holders are chosen by a selection committee of the University of Passau. Applications for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship should be made in the summer and winter semesters. Reapplications are allowed.
The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship of the University of Passau is sponsored by
- 4process AG
- Franz und Maria Stockbauer'sche Stiftung (Löwenbrauerei Passau)
- Rolf Friedhofen
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Neuburger Gesprächskreis Wissenschaft und Praxis an der Universität Passau e. V.
- Maximilian Fischer, max. Equity Marketing GmbH
- Micro-Epsilon Messtechnik GmbH
- msg systems AG
- The Foundation of the University of Passau
- Sparkasse Passau
- Verlagsgruppe Passau GmbH
- Dr. Hubert Wagner
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- and other sponsors who do not wish to be named.