Applicants who are entitled to apply directly to the University of Passau (i.e. those who don't need to use uni-assist) must apply online if they wish to join an access restricted undergraduate programme.
If special circumstances apply, the application must also be submitted in hardcopy:
If any of the following applies to you, you will have to print out your application form, sign it, and submit it with required documents to the Student Registration Office:
- You haven't reached the age of majority (18) at the time of the application. In that case, your parent or guardian must sign the document for you.
- You are applying for access arrangements
- You are applying for hardship consideration (this page is availabe in German only)
- You have already completed an undergraduate degree in Germany
- You are applying to be given preferential access (see "Bevorzugte Bewerberinnen und Bewerber" on the German Auswahlverfahren page)
- You are a member of the A-, B- or C-Cadre in a federal sports organisation that is a member of the German Olympic Sports Confederation
- You have obtained your university entrance qualification outside Germany or in a foreign school system
- You have completedan apprenticeship/vocational training that lasted for at least one year, or you have worked full-time for at least one year, and you are applying for a place on either the International Cultural and Business Studies programme or the Media and Communication programme
- Your university entrance qualification is of a type that needs to be checked by University staff. (This depends on which options you select in the online application form)
If your application doesn't necessitate a hardcopy submission, the information you provide is not checked until you have been offered a place of study and you try to enrol. However, you will not be able to enrol if the offer was based on any inaccurate information in your application, or if you are not entitled to study.
It is not possible to apply for two or more access restricted degree programmes at the University of Passau in the same semester.
- The application period opens on 1 May 2021 for degree programmes that start in the winter semester.
- The application period presumably closes on 31 July 2021 for degree programmes that start in the winter semester.
* Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, these dates may change (again) at short notice. Any changes will be announced on this page.
Please note that the applications portal does not let you prepare or submit an application for an access-restricted degree programme outside the applications periods.
|Degree programme||Application deadline|
|B.A. Media and Communication||presumably 31 July*|
|B.A. Journalism and Strategic Communication||presumably 31 July*|
|LL.B. Legal Tech||presumably 31 July*|
|B.Sc. Digital Transformation in Business and Society||presumably 31 July*|
* Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, these dates may change at short notice. Any changes will be announced on this page.
Please visit the University's applications portal during the application period. There, you must first register and set up a user profile before you can create and submit an application.
Please ensure you go through all steps and follow all instructions carefully in the applications portal.
- If you want to know how the selection procedure for access restricted degree programmes works, this is explained on the (German) page Auswahlverfahren für zulassungsbeschränkte Studiengänge.
- If you'd like to know what final grades applicants needed to have achieved in previous intakes to pass the numerus clausus for each degree programme, please visit the (German) page NC-Übersicht.
- After you have submitted your application, you can look up what each appliction status displayed in the applications portal means in the FAQs about applying and enrolling.