- Heart and circulation problems,
- frequent sweating and palpitations without physical exertion,
- increased susceptibility to disease,
- uncontrolled muscle twitching,
- Problems falling asleep and insomnia,
- Headache and migraine,
- reduced memory and decision making capacity as well as negative
These physical symptoms should be understood as warning signals that urge those affected to change something in their lives. Permanent stress often leads to burnout, which is accompanied by prolonged physical, emotional and mental exhaustion. Burnout syndrome often leads straight to depression.
The explanations on stress management on this and the following pages are essentially based on the following book, which is a good resource for a meaningful and conscious way to handle stress:
Barbara Krautz, Heike Schiebeck, J. Schülke: Stress-free study without burnout, Constance and Munich 2014.