With the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship, the University of Passau supports highly gifted and motivated students with a good academic track record, who have shown dedication to social causes. Any current and past volunteering activities as well as the applicants' personal and family-related circumstances carry great significance for the selection process. The scholarship is open to applicants of all nationalities.
The stipend is 300 euros per month. Scholarships are awarded initially for one year, although the funding term is related to the standard duration of study. This scholarship is not means tested: the applicants' or their parents' income is not taken into account. The scholarship is paid on top of the BAföG student grants to scholarship holders who are BAföG recipients. The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship is intended to help students cover the costs associated with their degree studies. These funds are provided as a grant and are thus non-repayable.
At the University of Passau, the scholarships are awarded once a year, at the start of the winter semester. Scholarships are awarded subject to the availability of funds.
- Your prior scholastic and professional achievements
- Periods of time spent studying or working abroad
- Extracurricular activities and causes for which you have volunteered
- Special achievements, awards and prizes won, particularly if they have academic relevance
- Any hurdles that you had to overcome in your educational background, such as coming from a migrant family
- Whether you are receiving a BAföG student grant
The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship is offered to all undergraduate and master's-level students who are matriculated at the University of Passau at the time of the scholarship award. We welcome applications from students of all nationalities and academic disciplines.
However, this scholarship is not available to doctoral students or to those who have exceeded the standard duration of study stipulated for their degree programme; moreover, the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship is not generally granted to those who are already receiving a stipend from another scholarship programme.
Your application will be unsuccessful if one or more of the following applies:
- You will have exceeded the standard duration of study for your degree programme in October 2018. Exceptions can be made if the reason for the delay is due to circumstances such as disability, pregnancy, caring for a child or time spent abroad for your chosen degree subject. In such justified cases, the upper funding term limit may be extended upon the applicant's request (§7 sec. 1 StipG).
- You are not matriculated as a degree-seeking student. Please submit your enrolment certificate by the latest when you receive your final letter of award for the scholarship programme.
- You are receiving other supporting funds based on your giftedness or past scholarly performance of or exceeding an average amount of at least 30 euros per month.
- You are studying towards a doctorate. Doctoral students cannot apply for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship.