1) 'Bewerbungsantrag mit Lichtbild' (application form with photograph):
This means the application form itself. It is sufficient if the photograph is printed on the curriculum vitae.
2) 'Inhaltliche und zeitliche Darstellung des Vorhabens' (Representation of the content and timing of the project):
A brief description, up to one A4 page in length, is sufficient. It would be idea if you could enclose the invoice for the flight tickets and a printout of your e-tickets.
3) 'Akademisches Gutachten eines Hochschulprofessors oder einer -professorin von der Universität Passau': Letter from by a university professor from the University of Passau (not the foreign university) endorsing your application ('Akademisches Gutachten'). The professor should discuss the merits of the project and the student's level of achievement and eligibility for funding.
4) 'Scheinliste' (academic transcript):
This means your HISQIS printout.
5) 'Einladung bzw. Zusage der ausl. Zieleinrichtung' (invitation or acceptance letter from the host institution):
An e-mail is sufficient.
6) 'Nachweis der Bedürftigkeit' (evidence of financial need):
This should be your BAföG certificate ('Bescheid'). Please only submit a BAföG certificate; if you do not receive BAföG, do not submit any other documents in evidence of financial need.
- Invoice for flight tickets, unless already submitted.
- Original tickets. If these are no longer available, you have to write and sign a declaration confirming that the tickets have not been submitted to another institution to apply for project funding.
- For semesters abroad, the enrolment certificate of the host university.
- For internships abroad, the internship certificate (letter of reference or similar).