If you are a student or alumni of the University of Passau and interested in starting a business, we can support you in the following ways:
- We help you to identify technology-related problems of your business idea and to further develop your idea or product in a user-centered way.
- We support you in the process of developing the initial prototypes of your product, such as a prototype of your product application, website or 3D model of a physical prototype.
- We are your sparring partner in the testing and evaluation phase of your prototypes when it comes to the conception of prototype, product and user tests and their evaluation against the psychological background.
- We accompany you in the psychological approaches of team collaboration, development and self-organisation as a founder.
Do you need personal advice on one of the topics described? Then send us an email to Digitalhub.firstname.lastname@example.org
Digitalisation offers startup enthusiasts several opportunities to learn more about entrepreneurship, network, and exchange ideas with other start-up enthusiasts and established founders.
An annual Community Night is organized on topics related to digital start-ups. With this format, start-up enthusiasts at the University of Passau get the opportunity to learn more about and from the experiences of successful start-ups and tech experts. Interested parties can network in a relaxed atmosphere and expand their own knowledge in the field of digital entrepreneurship.
Additionally, our Start-up hub is involved in planning our flagship event, the Entrepreneurship Day, which will take place in October 2022.
On April 28, 2022, the Digitalisation Hub will host a Community Night for all people interested in founding a company and start-ups. The theme of the event is:
Data protection and privacy as an innovation driver and challenge for digital business models
Data protection and privacy- is it just a necessity that start-ups have to deal with? Or does users' growing awareness of data protection and user rights on the Internet also offer opportunities for new business models and digital innovations? And what legal aspects do startups have to know and observe when they want to process user data?
The event will address these and further questions. Keynote speeches by the start-up itsymydata, the research project "amiDaPo - Awareness, Motivation and Implementation of Data Portability" and from a legal perspective will provide a broad overview of the topic. Speakers are:
- Alexander Sieverts (founder of the start-up itsmydata)
- Emmanuel Syrmoudis (Researcher, TU Munich)
- Sören Strahl (lawyer, University of Passau)
The event will take place from 6 to 9 pm hybrid: Participation is possible on site in the IT Center of the University Passau, Innstr. 43, or online via Zoom. The event will be held in German.
Registration is required for participation. We look forward to your registration at the following link - please indicate whether you would like to participate on-site or virtually via Zoom:
For further information please contact email@example.com
The event takes place in cooperation with the Bavarian Research Institute for Digital Transformation (bidt) and the Passau Institute of Digital Security (PIDS).
In 2021, we were able to hold a number of very successful events. These include three Digitalization Evenings and a Community Night. Click here for the post-event reports of the events in 2021.
Our Start-up Hub is involved in the Digital Technology and Entrepreneurship certificate programs Honours Degree and Entrepreneurial Pathfinder, and prospectively in the qualification programs under the PATEC project.
Events within the framework of the DTE Honours Degree
Veranstaltung im Rahmen der Einführungsvorlesung Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Digital Prototyping und Prototype Evaluation
Events in the framework of the Entrepreneurial Pathfinder