The programme is intended for early career researchers and junior executives at the University of Passau. Specifically, it caters to the needs of those studying for a master's degree, State Examination candidates, doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers and those working towards their Habilitation qualification.
- You must be one of the following: enrolled in a master's degree programme; enrolled in a long-cycle programme and close to undertaking your State Examination; a doctoral student, a postdoctoral/Habilitation researcher at the University.
- At least one of the above diversity characteristics should apply to you and you should be actively involved in promoting diversity.
- You are aiming for a career in academia or a management position.
- You are motivated and would like to actively participate in the mentoring tandem.
- You would like to network with early career researchers and junior executives.
- You are willing to take part in the overall programme and the evaluation.
- Receive guidance for your academic and professional development
- Identify career prospects
- Gain motivation, encouragement and empowerment for a career
- Receive feedback on your academic and professional profile
- Acquire and consolidate interdisciplinary core competencies and strategic knowledge
- Gain access to career-relevant information
- Develop and expand a long-term network
There is a two-step admission process for this programme, consisting of a written application and a selection interview. The following documents must be submitted to the project co-ordinator by 15 August 2019:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation for participating in the programme as well as your goals and expectations of the mentoring programme (one page maximum)
- Mentee Profile Form (German) for mentees
- Chronological curriculum vitae
- Overview of previous academic achievements or publications, teaching experience and acquisition of external ('third-party') funds
Following a successful application, the program co-ordinator will work with the mentees to establish contact with potential mentors.