Our mentors come from the worlds of academia, business or other social, cultural and public institutions. They are responsible, active companions of the mentees.
If you are interested in joining the program as a mentor, please send us the completed Mentor Profile Form (German).
Although the mentoring tandem focuses on the development of mentees, participation in the mentoring programme also offers a numerous benefits for mentors:
- A chance to impart your knowledge and experience
- Reflect on your own professional development and path in life
- Exchange views on experiences of diversity and discrimination
- Connection to the University of Passau
- Develop your own consulting and leadership competencies
- Possibility of recruiting junior staff for your own company or institution
The programme lasts approximately twelve months. It is recommended that mentoring tandems meet in six-to-eight-week intervals. Experience shows that the meetings tend to take about two to three hours. The timing and content of the mentoring tandems at the participants' discretion. The mentees organise the meetings.