When you are conducting research, you do things that are also relevant for employers outside of Academia - in the private sector as well as in the public sector. PhD students and postdocs often do not see these connections or do not possess relevant knowledge about job opportunities, application process or networking strategies.
Do not get lost in the jungle of rumors on the job market - or doubt your suitability for a job outside the university!
During the workshop you will
• Identify job opportunities, based on career coaching exercises
• Analyze your academic profile in terms of transferable skills
• Develop a personal strategy for planning the next steps to master the transition from Academia to the private sector successfully
• Get an "up-date" on the topics like job search, network building and application process outside of Academia
You will be able to
• describe your transferable skills
• plan next steps that are relevant for your individual career development
• consider relevant facts on job search etc. for planning your career
During the optional individual coaching (appointment via CDSL) we will clarify more specific personal questions (on career planning, application etc.).