Minerva Schools are intended to bring together young Israeli and German scientists through conferences and workshops. The Schools are orientated particularly towards PhD-students and
post-doctoral researchers and aim at enabling first contacts, scientific exchange as well as interaction with select senior scientists. In both countries, the participants should come from
different institutions. In addition to the Israeli and German participants, also scientists from other countries can be included in the programme.
Deadline for proposals
08. February 2021
Eligible as applicants are scientists from all German universities and non-university research institutions and from the six Israeli universities and the Weizmann Institute of Science together with (a) colleague(s) from the respective other country. Post-Docs who are working independently on their own projects (group leaders) or younger professors will be given preference in the selection process.
On principle, only costs for the scientific part of the event can be taken into account. A subsequent increase of the lump sum following the grant is not possible. The grant may be used for:
- Travel allowances
- Accommodation and hospitality costs
- Space rent and lease for devices and items of equipment
- Costs of framework programmes (relating to the conference)
- Costs of student assistants and/or students working on a fee basis within the framework of the conference organization
- Other material costs (e.g. office supplies, layout of conference programmes and the like, costs of publication of conference results)
Tel. : 0049-(0)89-2108-1242