The Ministry of Science and Technology of Taiwan (MoST) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) are pleased to announce a standing open call for proposals for German-Taiwanese International Research Training Groups (IRTG) with two application deadlines per year.
International Research Training Groups (IRTG) are structured doctoral programmes run by German universities in conjunction with universities in Taiwan. As bilateral collaborations, they provide a structured research training programme for doctoral researchers. IRTG promote systematic research cooperation through joint research and qualification programmes as well as through cooperative cross-border supervision of doctoral researchers. A central feature of International Research Training Groups are the coordinated and reciprocal research visits by doctoral researchers at the respective partner institutions.
Deadline for proposals
The application is carried out in two stages.
- Submission of draft proposals no later than: 30 June 2021
- Submission of full proposals no later than: 1 April 2022
IRTG can only be established by a university, university of technology or an equivalent higher education institution which has the legal right to confer doctoral degrees. The opportunity is open to all disciplines.
Funding is available on both sides for a maximum of nine years.
Type and Extent of Funding:
- Posts for doctoral researchers and postdocs.
- Grants and fellowships for doctoral researchers, applicants holding a degree from a university of applied science (Fachhochschule) or a Bachelor's degree.
- Funds for visiting researchers, research students, travel, workshops, small equipment, consumables, coordination, miscellaneous.
Dr. Sebastian Granderath
Division Research Careers
Tel.: +49 228 885-2881