The European Research Council provides funding opportunities for excellent researchers and their teams regardless of their nationality and current place of work.
What you need for your application is:
- an innovative idea for a research project at the frontiers of science,
- an excellent scientific track record (publications and other achievements)
- a host institution in Europe (any research performing organisation, i.e. universities, research organisations or private companies).
expected 17 October 2018
The ERC actions are open to researchers of any nationality who intend to conduct their research activity in any Member State or Associated Country. Principal Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application.
For the Starting Grants junior researchers between 2 and 7 years after PhD are eligible.
Projects of innovative and groundbreaking nature in all fields of research (including Social Sciences and Humanities).
- No pre-defined thematic areas or topics ("bottom up"),
- Scientific excellence (of the scientist and the project idea) is the sole criterion for project selection
maximum period of funding is five years
100 % direct costs plus 25 % overhead; maximum 1,5 million euro
Phone: +49 0 851/509-1115