Questions about studying at the University? The Academic Advice Service is here to give you detailed answers. We provide guidance and advice to current and prospective degree-seeking students on the following topics (if you are an exchange student, you should contact the International Office instead):
- Information on the subjects and programmes of the University of Passau
- Subject choices within your degree programme
- General questions and problems arising over the course of your degree studies
- How to structure your studies
- Starting a programme on the basis of foreign qualifications
- Change of degree programme
- Double degree programmes
- Withdrawing from a programme
- Transition from bachelor's to master's study
- Studying with disabilities and chronic illnesses
Guidance and advice
We will make time for your concerns! For smaller questions, you can come in during our drop-in hours, Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. For more complex questions, we ask that you make an appointment with the secretaries, phone: +49 851 509 ext. 1153 or 1154.
You can contact us by phone Mondays to Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and Mondays to Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
If you have very in-depth questions on a degree programme or subject, particularly if you are at an advanced stage of your programme, please contact the relevant Programme Adviser.
The study options page has more information about the degree programmes listed for each degree programme. The information sheets of the Academic Advice Service give you comprehensive information on each programme and are available from the 'Downloads' box on the right-hand side of each programme profile page. Printed information sheet are available in the information room, VW 018 on the ground floor of the Administration Building, Innstrasse 41, or from your Academic Adviser.
What else do we do?
The Academic Advice Service organises various events throughout the semester:
- Open Days
- Schnupperstudium (for school pupils)
- Studieren für einen Tag (for school pupils)
- Information events for schools visiting the University
- Information events at various schools
- Webinars on various topics