Need someone to answer your questions regarding studying at the University? The Academic Advice Service is the first port of call for all enquiries related to studying at the University or your degree programme. In particular, we can help you in individual consultations, for example with:
- Advice for prospective students
- Advice for current students (special information for international students)
- Advice for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses
- Help if you're stuck making a decision
- General questions and problems during your degree programme
- Advice on learning
- Questions about organising your degree programme
- Changing degree programmes
- Double degree programmes
- If you're thinking about dropping out
- Transitioning from a bachelor's to a master's programme
We will gladly take time for you!
Consultations can be conducted in person, by telephone or online via Zoom in German, Englisch, French and Spanish (please inform us when making an appointment if you want to talk French or Spanish).
To make an appointment, call +49 851 509 1154 (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.) or email us at email@example.com.
On Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, we offer open consultation hours:
- in person;
- by Zoom meeting (from 9 to 11 a.m.);
- by telephone: +49 851 509 1154.
The Student Services Association's welfare advisers provide advice and support, for example, with financial hardship, legal advice related to tenancy agreements, and for advice on studying as a parent or while caring for family members.
If you have questions about career prospects, degree programmes at other universities, vocational education schemes or job referrals, you can make an appointment with the local job centre/employment agency.
International degree-seeking students can also see the iStudi Coach for advice.
The study options page contains more information about each degree programme. Our infosheets give you comprehensive information on any programme and are available from the 'Downloads' box on each programme's web page.
Printed infosheets are available from your Academic Adviser.