Nationwide day of activities on 23 May 2023
Our society is diverse and so is our university. In order to raise awareness of diversity, the University of Passau is putting on various activities for the Germany-wide Diversity Day on May 23, 2023.
Science Slam Diversity
That's how diverse research is in Passau!
Science Slam Diversity
23.05.2023, 7 - 9 p.m.
ITZ 017 and via Zoom (Link via Stud.IP 62305 or e-mail at email@example.com)
The venue is accessible and you have the option to join the zoom call with an English translation.
The researchers of the University of Passau will present their projects on diversity in an easy and entertaining way.
We look forward to the following inputs:
- Braucht die Universität Passau einen neuen Genderleitfaden? - Hanna Augustin
- Der American Dream als strukturelle Diskriminierung!? - Prof. Karsten Fitz
- Hauptrollen! Menschen mit ‚geistiger‘ Behinderung auf Bühne und Leinwand - Prof. Susanne Hartwig
- Codeversum – Entdecke das Universum mit Code - Daniela Polzer
- Frauen im Topmanagement - Ist die Forschung noch auf der richtigen Spur? - Hendrike Werwigk
- Gastbeitrag (Screencast): Konstruktive interkulturelle Kommunikation als Grundlage zum Umgang mit Diversität - Dr. Martina Maletzky de García
The Science Slam is a public event, all members of the University and the public are welcome to join.
Diversity Quiz and Information
How much do you know about diversity?
Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the 23rd May 2023, we will be at the square in front of the cafeteria. Find us and wow us with your diversity knowledge!
You can also learn a lot about the current Diversity Audit and inform yourself about the mentUP* programme.
And there will be a lot of information all about Diversity at our University and in Passau, so come by.
Past Diversity Days
Diversity: the online game, Creative competition 2020
Diversity mentoring program mentUP* - Apply now!
With the diversity mentoring program mentUP*, the University of Passau supports members of groups that have been underrepresented in universities and leadership positions.
You can expect:
- Exciting workshops and seminars
- Individual career coaching
- Networking events
- Career motivation and empowerment
...and much more!
Executive Support Unit Diversity and Gender Equality
Exhibition Opening and Panel Discussion on 31 May
The exhibition "Academic Education of Women in Passau 1622 to 2022" will be opened on May 31, 2022 at 6 pm by a panel discussion on the topic "Women in Higher Education Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow". The panel discussion (in German) will focus in particular on processes of change in recent decades and will take place in room ITZ 017. Registration is not necessary.
The exhibition traces the history of women's academic education in Passau between 1622 and 2022. In addition, individual highlights are set that outline the change in women's roles at universities: from de facto invisibility to women as a novelty to equal participation in university life. The exhibition rotates between buildings in weekly intervals and will be shown until July 17, 2022.
Online Lecture: "Gender Diversity at the University - Experiences, Challenges and Opportunities" on 2 June (in German)
On June 2, 2022, the online lecture "Gender Diversity at Universities - Experiences, Challenges and Opportunities" will take place from 10 to 11:30 am (in German).
In the lecture, Né Fink explains essential terms that often come up in connection with gender diversity, such as inter*, trans*, diverse and abinary in an easily understandable way.
What experiences do trans* and abinary people actually have in the context of higher education? What challenges and opportunities arise from gender diversity? In addition, the lecture will shed light on which structural conditions reinforce or weaken discrimination against trans* and abinary students and how personal encounters in everyday university life make it possible to deal with the topic of gender diversity as a matter of course.
Registration is possible via StudIP, number 69008.
Nationwide day of activities on 18 May 2021
The University of Passau participated at the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 18 May 2021.
role-playing online impulse workshops - 18.05.2021
"No problem! We are all open and enlightened!" Right?
What to do when patterns and resentments that we thought we had overcome suddenly emerge in our everyday professional and university life? We invite you to a playful change of perspective. Recognition and aha-effects are guaranteed in this workshop!
Workshop leader: Bart van Eijk and Jörg Ritscher
The registration takes place via StudIP:
Workshop for employees: 09:30 to 12 am: 69003
Workshop for students: 1:30 to 4 p.m: 69002
The workshops will be held in German.
Panel discussion - 18.05.2021, 16 pm
Diversity processes at scientific institutions
What are the challenges for diversity processes at scientific institutions? Which diversity measures are particularly helpful and where is the greatest potential for change? We will discuss these and other questions with internal and external guests.
- Prof. Dr. Andrea D. Bührmann, Director of the Goettingen Diversity Research Institute,University of Göttingen
- Rebecca David, Reality Diversity Talk, Mitglied der Hochschulgruppe Minorities United
- Prof. Dr. Isabell Diehm, Head of the Department of Education, Politics and Society at the Institute of General Educational Science, Universität Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Christina Hansen, Vice President for International Affairs and Diversity, University of Passau
- Dimas Dwi Laksmana, research associate at the Chair of Comparative Development and Cultural Studies, University of Passau
- Lionel Njoya, student representative for equality and diversity, member of the university group Minorities United, University of Passau
- Dr. Jennifer Schevardo, Head of Strategic Human Resources Development, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
- Enid Still,research associate at the Chair of Comparative Development and Cultural Studies, University of Passau
This discussion will be moderated by Katrina Jordan, Press Officer of the University of Passau.
The event will be held mainly in German. Questions and speeches are very welcome in English as well.
What does diversity mean to me? Why do we need diversity – and what else do we need to change? Voices, faces and perspectives on the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 26 May 2020.
Playing the video will send your IP address to an external server.
Nationwide day of activities on 26 May 2020
The current crisis presents society with challenges previously unheard of.
What we need now is cohesion. What helps is diversity.
In order to raise awareness of diversity, the University of Passau is putting on various activities for the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 26 May 2020.