Our society is diverse and so is our university. In order to raise awareness of diversity, the University of Passau is putting on various activities for the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 18 May 2021.
What to do when patterns and resentments that we thought we had overcome suddenly emerge in our everyday professional and university life? We invite you to a playful change of perspective. Recognition and aha-effects are guaranteed in this workshop!
Workshop leader: Bart van Eijk and Jörg Ritscher
The workshops will be held in German.
What are the challenges for diversity processes at scientific institutions? Which diversity measures are particularly helpful and where is the greatest potential for change? We will discuss these and other questions with internal and external guests.
- Prof. Dr. Andrea D. Bührmann, Director of the Goettingen Diversity Research Institute,University of Göttingen
- Rebecca David, Reality Diversity Talk, Mitglied der Hochschulgruppe Minorities United
- Prof. Dr. Isabell Diehm, Head of the Department of Education, Politics and Society at the Institute of General Educational Science, Universität Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Christina Hansen, Vice President for International Affairs and Diversity, University of Passau
- Dimas Dwi Laksmana, research associate at the Chair of Comparative Development and Cultural Studies, University of Passau
- Lionel Njoya, student representative for equality and diversity, member of the university group Minorities United, University of Passau
- Dr. Jennifer Schevardo, Head of Strategic Human Resources Development, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
- Enid Still,research associate at the Chair of Comparative Development and Cultural Studies, University of Passau
This discussion will be moderated by Katrina Jordan, Press Officer of the University of Passau.
The event will be held mainly in German. Questions and speeches are very welcome in English as well.
With the diversity mentoring program mentUP*, the University of Passau supports members of groups that have been underrepresented in universities and leadership positions.
You can expect:
- Exciting workshops and seminars
- Individual career coaching
- Networking events
- Career motivation and empowerment
...and much more!
Extended application deadline until 07 July 2021!
What does diversity mean to me? Why do we need diversity – and what else do we need to change? Voices, faces and perspectives on the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 26 May 2020.
Playing the video will send your IP address to an external server.
The current crisis presents society with challenges previously unheard of.
What we need now is cohesion. What helps is diversity.
In order to raise awareness of diversity, the University of Passau is putting on various activities for the Germany-wide Diversity Day on 26 May 2020.