Do you have an innovative idea and want to start a business?
Take advantage of our wide range of support and consulting services, which will accompany you from the idea to the start-up, and you will also benefit from a supra-regional start-up network.
The start-up advisory service is still there for members of the University of Passau who are interested in starting a business and answers questions about business ideas, gives feedback on business plans and advises on funding programmes, such as FLÜGGE or EXIST. Helene Schneider and Michael Pleschgatternig are also available for anyone who would like to apply for "Gründerzeit" (a start-up semester off) to implement their business idea. More information about start-up consulting
Would you like to apply for FLÜGGE, EXIST-Gründerstipendium, EXIST-Forschungstransfer and other funding programmes or find out more about them? We would be happy to support you.
Thanks to the start-up period, you can also work intensively on founding your company while you are still studying: You can apply for up to two semesters of time off and thus concentrate on your start-up full time. During your start-up period, we will support you with several consulting sessions and get you and your start-up ready for a successful launch!
As part of the project "Passau - The Entrepreneurial Campus" (PATEC), the University of Passau would like to increase its focus on the promising start-up potential of its students and doctoral students and develop into a true start-up university.
Get additional support on your start-up journey, e.g. to
- develop your own ideas in ideation formats,
- participate in exciting competitions
- acquire new entrepreneurship skills in certificate programmes
- to pursue a business idea to the point of start-up
- make valuable contacts in networking events.
A large number of entrepreneurs have emerged from the University of Passau. We have compiled a selection of start-ups that were launched by students, graduates and scientists of the University of Passau.
Businesses founded by students
In addition to entrepreneurship research, the University of Passau has a variety of institutions which also offer a multitude of support services to do with business start-ups.
- The AlumniClub is one of the largest university alumni organisations in Germany. Regular network meetings are often centred on entrepreneurship.
- The kuwi netzwerk international e.V. is an alumni network for students and graduates of Passau's International Cultural and Business Studies and European Studies degree courses. Kuwi netzwerk offers a mentorship programme, among other things.
- The ManagementConvent is the University's enterprise relations platform at the interface between business and academia. It promotes cooperation between students, alumni, academics on the one hand and businesses and business-related institutions on the other.
Furthermore, there are a number of student societies which are concerned with business thinking and action: