MSocSc Isabelle Kunze
- The Social Organisation of Agrobiodiversity Use in Wayanad, South India
- 2008-2009: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Department of Water, Energy and Transport / Internship and Junior Consultant
- 2007-2008: Department of Geography, Waikato University / Assisting in research project on Urban Vulnerability in the Pacific Island Countries
- 2007: Summer Job at Landcare Trust, New Zealand’s Organisation for Landcare, Sustainable Management and Biodiversity
Current Research Interests
- Gender Studies
- Social-ecological research
- 2008: Masters of Social Sciences in Human Geography / Political Sciences (MSocSc). University of Waikato, New Zealand
- 2007: Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours). University of Waikato, New Zealand
- 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Studies/Cultural-, Social and Economic Geography (BA). University of Bayreuth, Germany
Publications to Date
- Rometsch, Julia and Kunze, Isabelle (2013): Review of the book Geschlecht-Macht-Klima. Feministische Perspektiven auf Klima, gesellschaftliche Naturverhältnisse und Gerechtigkeit. edited by Gülay Çağlar, María do Mar Castro Varela and Helen Schwenken. Barbara Budrich. 2012. 221 pp. In: Femina Politica – Zeitschrift für Feministische Politikwissenschaften 1/2013, 173-175.
- Wendland, C., Dankelman, I., Ruben, C., Kunze, I., Sommer, M., Mbalo, D. (2012). Integrating a gender perspective in sustainable sanitation - Factsheet of Working Group 7b. Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA).
- Kunze, Isabelle; Lippe, Melvin; Padmanabhan, Martina (2011): Review of the book Agriculture, Biodiversity and Markets edited by S. Lockie and D. Carpenter. In: Society & Natural Resources 25, 317-319.
- Kunze, Isabelle (2010): Review of the book Gender and Natural Resource Management edited by B. Resurreccion and R. Elmhirst. In: Femina Politica – Zeitschrift für Feministische Politikwissenschaften 1/2010, 137.
- Padmanabhan, Martina; Lippe, Melvin; Jose, Monish; Kunze, Isabelle; Arpke, Hannah; Betz, Lydia (2010): BioDIVA – Transformation Knowledge Towards an Equitable and Sustainable Use of Agrobiodiversity: Building Inter- and Transdisciplinarity. Paper presented at the 9th European IFSA Symposium 2010, Vienna, Austria.
Conferences and Summer Schools
- Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers (AAG): Paper on "Exploring the gendered rural spaces of agrobiodiversity management - a case study from Kerala, India" presented in the session on Gendered Rural Geographies, with Janet Momsen and Martina Padmanabhan. April 9th - 13th 2013, Los Angeles, USA.
- Pre-Conference of the IGU-Commission on Gender and Geography: “Down to Earth: Identities, Bodies and Spatial Scales”, paper presented on "Crossing boundaries in South India: uncovering the multiple meanings of private and public space amongst indigenous communities", August 23rd - 25th, 2012, Hamburg, Germany.
- XIII World Congress of Rural Sociology, paper presented on " Are indigenous women romanticised as protectors of agrobiodiversity? A feminist political ecology analysis ", July 29th - August 4th, 2012, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Global Environments Summer Academy (GESA), Rachel Carson Centre, LMU Munich (see www.globalenvironments.org/gesa-participants/europe/isabelle-kunze), August 2n - 26th, 2012, Munich.
- Annual International Conference of the Royal British Geographers Society, Paper presented on “Imagining a future without rice in South India”, August 30th - September 2nd, 2011, London, UK.
- "(No) future for rice in Wayanad, South India. Social-ecological transformation processes and its impacts on marginalised farmers". Poster presented with Lydia Betz, Prajeesh Parameswaran and Suma T.R. at "Tropentag". October 5th - 7th 2011, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Workshop on (De)construction biodiversity, Paper presented on “Who cares? Biodiversity in Agriculture” (see www.uni-goettingen.de/en/266165.html) with Martina Padmanabhan, September 23rd - 24th, 2011, Göttingen.