MTM Suma Thamaracheriyil Ramachandran
- The micro politics that reorganise the Kurichya joint families and the Community agrobiodiversity management (in the context of Decentralization in Kerala)
- 2009-2010: Centre for Development studies, Trivandrum, Kerala. Study on the food habit change among the Paniya community of Wayanad.
Current Research Interests
- Anthropological history of Wayanad
- 2003: Certificate in Film and Documentary Production, Jan Vrijman Foundation of the International Documentary Film Festival, Amsterdam
- 2000: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communications, Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- 2000: Master in Tourism Management (MTM), Madurai Kamaraj University, India
- 1998: Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management, University of Calicut, India
Publications to Date
- Suma Vishnudas (2012): Wayanad the Biodiversity hot spot. A hand book on wayanad and its cultural and bio diversity. MSSRF CABC. (Awaiting for publication)
- Munster, Ursula; Suma Vishnudas (2012): In the Jungle of Law - Adivasi rights and implementation of Forest rights act in Kerala. May 12th 2012. Economic and Political Weekly. Hyderabad. Volume 47. Issue 19. pp 38-45
- Suma Vishnudas (2012): P K Kalan, Adiyorude Kunnumoopan. P K Kalan Adivasi Jeevithathinte Samaramugham, Book edited by Dr. Azeez Tharuvana, Chintha publishers, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Suma Vishnudas (2012): Vithum samoohyadhikara ghadanayum : Kurichyar Nalkunna padangal, Mathrubhoomi weekly 2012 sep 9-15. (The political organization and traditional seed system of Kurichya: lessons to social right on seeds).
- Suma Vishnudas (2011): Athijeevanathinte Thuruthukal. Desabhimani Sunday Supplement, Trivandrum. (On conservation of heronries-breeding sites of herons- of Wayanad)
- Suma Vishnudas (2010): ‘The struggle continues: Adivasi Women against liquor’, Paniya sadas conference document, Centre for development studies. Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
- 2005-2006: 40 episodes of visual Magazine titled "Gotrayanam" (life and culture of indigenous communities of Wayanad)
- Suma Vishnudas (2005): Karshaka Athmahathyakalum Sthreekalum’. Sthreee Sabdham, Thiruvanathapuram. (On farmer suicides and women in Wayanad)
- Suma T.R (2001): Athirukalillathavumbol, Yuvasabdam Magazine. Trivandrum. (On globalization and its impact)
- Suma T.R (2001): ‘Socio cultural impact of tourism on the fishing community of Kovalam’, a research under the guidance of Dr. Muralidhara Menon, Special Officer Tourism, Kerala Electricity Board. This is a part of the impact assessment study of tourism in Kovalam, Submitted to Kerala tourism department by Dr. Muraleedharamenon.
- Suma T.R (2000). Possibilities and problems of women in tourism industry. Master thesis, Submitted to Madurai Kamaraj University for the fulfillment of the degree MTM.
- Suma T.R (1999). The status of tourism industry in India and Nepal. Dissertation submitted to Madurai Kamaraj University for the full fillment of the degree MTM.
- Documentary on Problems of Paddy field conversion in Wayanad district for M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai
- Documentary on "Wild food habits of tribal communities in Wayanad district" for MS Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai.