Women in STEM Network
The goal of the Women in STEM network (called 'MINT-Frauennetzwerk' in German) at the University of Passau is to increase equal opportunities for women in mathematics, computer science, natural sciences and technology - STEM subjects (called ‘MINT’ subjects in German) to further increase the proportion of women in STEM subjects in our University, contribute to a women-friendly studying and working environment, and to support academic careers for women in STEM.
- MINT-Café on the first Wednesday of the month for female students, scientists and professors, to exchange between all women of the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics and other faculties with STEM courses 11.01.2023
- Workshops and talks on topics related to careers, creativity, and women in computer science and mathematics.
- Networking and debates with inspiring women from business, research and with other international universities.
Scholarships for female students in STEM subjects Application deadline for SS2023: 20.01.2023
International Women's Day 08.03.2023
- STEM offers for young females:
Workshops with female STEM Student Ambassadors
Computer Science Summer Camp 31.07.-04.08.2023
Who can join?
In principle, the network is open to students and staff of all faculties and institutions at the University of Passau, with a focus on STEM subjects. In the winter semester 2022/23, over 600 women are enrolled in one of the following STEM degree programmes at the University of Passau:
- Bachelor or Master Informatik
- Bachelor Internet Computing
- Bachelor Mathematik or Master Computational Mathematics
- Master AI Engineering
- Bachelor or Master Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Bachelor Digital Transformation in Business and Society
- Master Geographie
- Lehramt Mathematik
- Lehramt Geografie
- Lehramt Informatik
More Information and Registration
For female students and staff, please follow our StudIP-group. Here you can also find the dates for the next MINT-Cafés and register for workshops.
External interested parties can join our MINT-Frauennetzerk LinkedIn page or follow the Diversity Instagram Account, and find out about our activities there. We also post dates online here.