One key task is the coordination and interconnection of all women's representatives in the performance of their duties. The Women's Representatives meet at least once a semester both within the faculty and across faculties (Women's Advisory Committee).
Women's Advisory Committee
The Women's Advisory Committee consists of the University Women's Representative, the Women's Representatives of the individual faculties, the Gender Equality Officer, the Women's Representative of the Student Parliament and their respective deputies. All interested parties from all status groups are invited to attend the meetings. The Advisory Committee meets once or twice a semester to exchange information and views on current and upcoming equality-related events, problem cases, applications, etc. Here, the faculty's Women's Representatives can discuss and deliberate over faculty-specific questions and find solutions together in an inter-faculty dialogue. Prior to the election of the Women's Representative by the Senate, the President will hear the Women's Advisory Council regarding its proposed staff; the Senate will be informed of the result of the hearing.
LaKof and bukof
The University Women's Representative is a member of the State Conference of Women's Representatives and Gender Equality Officers at Bavarian Higher Education Institutions (LaKoF). LaKoF represents the interests of women at higher education institutions and shapes the discussion regarding gender equality policy in the university sector in Bavaria. The Federal Conference of Women's Representatives and Gender Equality Officers at Higher Education Institutions (Bundeskonferenz der Frauen- und Gleichstellungsbeauftragten an Hochschulen,
(bukof) is another network that deals with gender equality policy issues in higher education.
The University Women's Representative and the Faculty Women's Representatives provide a point of contact for female academics and students with regard to career planning in studies and academia, the awarding of scholarships, conflicts and problems at the workplace and gender equality issues in the faculties and the wider University.
Areas of advice
- Pregnancy and studying/career
- Compatibility of family and studying/career
- Bullying, discrimination
- Sexual harassment, stalking
- Faculty-specific gender equality measures
- Contract extension with protected maternity and parental leave
The University's Women's Representative and the Faculty's Women's Representative provide interested female early career researchers from the postdoc phase onwards with information about the support measures provided by the Free State of Bavaria under the Bavarian Gender Equality Grant (BGF) scheme. The Women's Representative is supported in this endeavour by the Women's Office.
The Women's Representative is a voting member of the Extended University Executive and the Senate as well as all of its advisory committees. She is also an advisory member of the University Council and has the right to be heard by the University Executive.
Overview of Governing Bodies with voting rights:
- Extended University Executive (Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), Art. 4)
- Senate (Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), Art. 4)
- in all Senate advisory committees (Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), Art. 25(4)(2)
- Representatives' Assembly of the Student Services Association (Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), Art. 91)
- Administrative Council of the Student Services Association (Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), Art. 92)
- Women's Advisory Committee (Executive)
- IT Advisory Committee
- Transfer Advisory Committee
- Commission for the allocation of scholarships to promote equal opportunities for women in research and teaching (Chair)
- Representative Assembly of the Student Services Association for Lower Bavaria and Upper Palatinate
- Landeskonferenz der Frauen und Gleichstellungsbeauftragten (State Conference of Women's Representatives and Gender Equality Officers)
- Bundeskonferenz der Frauenbeauftragten und Gleichstellungsbeauftragten an Hochschulen e.V.
The systematic integration of gender dimensions in research processes helps to advance the excellent orientation of research and improve the quality of life for all people. Under the leadership of the University Women's Representative Prof. Dr. Sieber, the University of Passau is participating in this project with the structural project "Gender Aspects in the Research of the University of Passau".
The structural project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
The faculty women's representatives watch over and promote actual gender equality in their respective faculties. They are voting members in appointment procedures and in the faculty councils, members of the Women's Advisory Council and are first contacts for the members of their faculty.
Please contact the women's representatives preferably via the e-mail address email@example.com.
Please contact the women's representatives preferably via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the women's representatives preferably via the e-mail address email@example.com.
Please contact the women's representatives preferably via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.