The Programme for the mobility of students and doctoral students of German universities (PROMOS), with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) as the national implementing agency, aims to promote study periods abroad and practice-related stays abroad by students.
Detailed information on the funding conditions can be found in our current PROMOS guidelines (only available in German).
- Applications are open to
- German and non-German students who are enrolled at the University of Passau and aim to graduate at the University of Passau
- Funding is provided for internships in countries that are not participating in the Erasmus+ Programme (exceptions: see FAQ)
- Study progress requirements
- Enrolment at the University of Passau during the entire internship period
- Language Skills: Proven knowledge of the working or national language
- Minimum duration of the internship: 40 calendar days (6 weeks)
- Internship allowance or all equivalent benefits from the institution providing the internship may not exceed the amount of 500 euros per month
- Internship must start in the year of application
- No simultaneous application for the Programme to promote internationalisation possible
Internships for which the DAAD offers internship-specific funding cannot be funded through PROMOS. These are internships in:
- International organisations (e.g. UN, EU) (only available in German)
- Institutions and organisations managing EU programmes
- German missions abroad
- Institutes of the Max Weber Foundation
- German Archaeological Institutes Abroad
- German Schools Abroad (DAS) (only available in German)
Likewise, you cannot apply for PROMOS if you received your internship through the exchange organisations IAESTE, AIESEC, bvmd or ZAD. If necessary, contact the exchange organisations directly for a travel allowance.
- Residence grant according to the valid PROMOS funding rates (see column "Teilstipendium Aufenthalt"; only available in German)
- Payment of the full grant before the start of the internship or after signing the scholarship agreement
- Maximum funding period
- Per internship: 3 months
- Total during studies: 6 months
Four application deadlines are offered per year. The first application should be submitted as far as feasible before the start of the internship. If the first application is not successful, a new application is possible, provided that the internship has not yet been completed by the respective deadlines.
- February 1
- May 1
- July 1
- November 1
Applications received late or incomplete after the deadline will be rejected on formal grounds.
Please note: The funding period of the internship (≠ internship period) must end no later than 28 February of the year following the application. Otherwise, the application can only be submitted on the next application date (1 February).
Example: You complete a four-month internship that lasts from mid-December to mid-April. You would like to apply on 1 November for funding for your internship from mid-December. In this case, however, the funding period (= maximum 3 months) would exceed 28 February. You could therefore only apply on 1 February.
After the application deadline, the applicants will be ranked and selected according to the following criteria (weighting of the criterion in brackets):
- Preliminary average grade (60 percent)
- Significance of the motivation letter (20 percent)
- Form of the motivation letter (10 percent)
- Compulsory or voluntary internship (10 percent)
Send your application via e-mail as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail within one week. Only complete applications, with all listed documents, can be accepted.
Various documents must be submitted to the ZKK for the application. A large part of these is currently only available in German. A list of the required documents can be found on the German version of the page at "Vor dem Praktikum". If you need assistance with your application or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.