The programme supports internships worldwide of at least 6 weeks with a one-time travel allowance.
- Funding for internships worldwide
- Application is also possible for international students, but only if they have completed a compulsory stay abroad (according to study and examination regulations)
- Study progress requirements:
- Enrolment at the University of Passau during the entire internship period
- Duration of the internship: minimum 6 weeks, maximum duration unlimited
- Internship allowance or all equivalent benefits from the institution providing the internship may not exceed the amount of 500 euros per month
- Simultaneous application for the PROMOS Scholarship for internships abroad or the Erasmus+ Scholarship is not possible
Please note that you cannot apply for the Programme to promote internationalisation if you have obtained your internship via the exchange organisations IAESTE, AIESEC, bvmd or ZAD. If necessary, contact the exchange organisations directly for a travel allowance.
- One-time travel allowance, reimbursement of actual travel costs
- Within Europe: 500 euros max.
- Outside Europe: 1,000 euros max.
Four application deadlines are offered per year. The first application must be submitted before the start of the internship. If the first application is not successful, a new application is possible, provided that the internship has not yet been completed by the respective deadlines.
- February 1
- May 1
- July 1
- November 1
Applications received late or incomplete after the deadline will be rejected on formal grounds.
Ideally, if your internship lasts from mid-February to the end of April, for example, you would apply on 1 February. However, if you have missed this deadline, you can also apply for the first time on 1 May and subsequently receive a travel allowance, even though your internship has already ended by this deadline. However, an application on 1 May would only be possible if we receive all application documents in full before the first day of the internship! So, for example, if your internship starts on 15 February, you must submit all documents to us by 14 February so that you can be considered in the selection round for 1 May.
After the application deadline, the applicants will be ranked and selected according to the following criteria (weighting of the criterion in brackets):
- Preliminary average grade (60 percent)
- Significance of the motivation letter (20 percent)
- Form of the motivation letter (10 percent)
- Compulsory or voluntary internship (10 percent)
Send your application via e-mail as a pdf file to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail within one week. Only complete applications, with all listed documents, can be accepted.
Various documents must be submitted to the ZKK for the application. A large part of these is currently only available in German. A list of the required documents can be found on the German version of the page at Vor dem Praktikum. If you need assistance with your application or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certificate from the institution providing the internship
- Original invoice/boarding passes/tickets
The submission of an internship report is not required.
For all further information, such as obligations during the internship, please refer to the German website or contact us directly.