On the strength of the Diversity Mentoring Programme mentUP*, the University of Passau seeks to promote and integrate members of groups that are under-represented in universities and leadership positions. Further information about mentUP* can be found in our leaflet.
Apply by 15 June 2021 and be part of the program from October 2021 to October 2022.
Info and application documents
As a personnel development instrument, mentoring aims to promote the transfer of knowledge between an experienced person (the mentor) and someone with less experience (the mentee).
For the University, diversity is a way to become even more vibrant, cosmopolitan and equitable. The diversity of its students, teachers and staff is both a responsibility and a strength of the University.
This is why it has established the mentUP* diversity mentoring programme to support and integrate members of groups that have been under-represented at universities and in management positions to the best of its abilities. When selecting mentees, the following diversity characteristics are therefore given special consideration:
- Ethnic background
- Social background
- Physical disabilities or chronic illnesses
- Welfare obligations
- Sexual orientation
Central to the programme are the mentoring tandems, which each consist of a mentee and a mentor. These mentoring tandems are complemented by seminars, workshops, coaching sessions and networking meetings.
In this relationship, mentees and mentors regularly exchange ideas and develop career perspectives for the mentees. Benefits for mentees:
- Support with the strategic development of their career planning, in dealing with possible obstacles on their career paths as well as with diversity and discrimination experiences
- Advice on specific requirements for a leadership position in academia, business, politics, administration, the media or in the cultural sector
- Contacts and insights into the 'rules of the game' that apply in the respective fields
Seminars and workshops
The tandem meetings are complemented by seminars and workshops focusing on:
- Diversity skills
- Personal competencies
- Methodological skills
- Leadership competencies
Individual career coaching is offered at the beginning and the end of the programme.
Strategic networking with other mentees and mentors is facilitated through regular networking meetings.
- Approximately six tandem meetings
- Change of seminars, workshops and coaching for mentees
- two individual career coaching sessions for mentees
- Regular networking meetings
- The next iteration begins in October 2020
- Duration: 12 months
Due to the current infection situation, the University of Passau has suspended personal visits to central service centres until further notice. The Diversity and Gender Equality Section is also not currently open for personal visits.
You can of course still reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.