Business start-up support
Do you have an innovative idea and want to start a business?
Take advantage of our wide range of support and consulting services, which will accompany you from the idea to the start-up, and you will also benefit from a supra-regional start-up network.
We advise and support students, alumni and alumnae as well as employees of the University of Passau on their way to founding a company.
Arrange an individual consultation appointment now.
Would you like to apply for FLÜGGE, EXIST-Gründerstipendium, EXIST-Forschungstransfer and other funding programmes or find out more about them? We would be happy to support you.
Thanks to the start-up period, you can also work intensively on founding your company while you are still studying: You can apply for up to two semesters of time off and thus concentrate on your start-up full time. During your start-up period, we will support you with several consulting sessions and get you and your start-up ready for a successful launch!
Gründerzeit (Start-up time)
As part of the project "Passau - The Entrepreneurial Campus" (PATEC), the University of Passau would like to increase its focus on the promising start-up potential of its students and doctoral students and develop into a true start-up university.
Get additional support on your start-up journey, e.g. to
- develop your own ideas in ideation formats,
- participate in exciting competitions
- acquire new entrepreneurship skills in certificate programmes
- to pursue a business idea to the point of start-up
- make valuable contacts in networking events.
A large number of entrepreneurs have emerged from the University of Passau. We have compiled a selection of start-ups that were launched by students, graduates and scientists of the University of Passau.
Businesses founded by students
In addition to entrepreneurship research, the University of Passau has a variety of institutions which also offer a multitude of support services to do with business start-ups.
- The AlumniClub is one of the largest university alumni organisations in Germany. Regular network meetings are often centred on entrepreneurship.
- The kuwi netzwerk international e.V. is an alumni network for students and graduates of Passau's International Cultural and Business Studies and European Studies degree courses. Kuwi netzwerk offers a mentorship programme, among other things.
- The ManagementConvent is the University's enterprise relations platform at the interface between business and academia. It promotes cooperation between students, alumni, academics on the one hand and businesses and business-related institutions on the other.
Furthermore, there are a number of student societies which are concerned with business thinking and action:
- INSTEAD, the student-run business consultancy
- Enactus Passau
- Starthilfe e. V.