Since 2013, the University of Passau's mentUP+ programme has been supporting and mentoring outstanding early female career researchers and the next generation of female leaders. Further information about mentUP+ can be found in our leaflet.
Central to the programme are the mentoring tandems, which each consist of a mentee and a mentor. These mentoring tandems are complemented by seminars, workshops, coaching sessions and networking meetings.
In this relationship, mentees and mentors regularly exchange ideas and develop career perspectives for the mentees. Benefits for mentees:
- Support with the strategic development of their career planning, help in dealing with possible obstacles on their career paths and experiences of discrimination.
- Advice on specific requirements for a leadership position in academia, business, politics, administration, the media or in the cultural sector
- Contacts and insights into the 'rules of the game' that apply in the respective fields
Seminars and workshops
The tandem meetings are complemented by seminars and workshops focusing on:
- Personal competencies
- Methodological skills
- Leadership competencies
Individual career coaching is offered at the beginning and the end of the programme.
Strategic networking with other mentees and mentors is facilitated through regular networking meetings.
- Approximately six tandem meetings
- Change of seminars, workshops and coaching for mentees
- two individual career coaching sessions for mentees
- Regular networking meetings
- The next iteration begins in May 2021
- Duration: 12 months
Due to the current infection situation, the University of Passau has suspended personal visits to central service centres until further notice. The Diversity and Gender Equality Section is also not currently open for personal visits.
You can of course still reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.