The mentors come from the academic world, the economy or other social, cultural and public institutions. They act as responsible, active companions for he mentees.
If you are interested in joining the program as a mentor, please send us the completed Mentor Profile Form (German).
Although the development of mentees remains at the heart of the mentoring tandem, participating in the mentoring programme also offers a number of benefits to mentors, resulting in a win-win situation for both mentors and mentees.
- Ideas for a process of self-reflection on one's own professional development and life path
- Contact with the university and potential early career candidates for the mentor’s own business
- You will become visible as a promoter of young talent and a competent leader
- A process of exchange with the mentee and insight into the background of experience held by a younger generation
- Development of your own consulting and leadership skills
- Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and experience
- Participation in cutting-edge areas of science
- A process of exchange between theory and practice, or discussions relating to the topics pursued by the scientific faculty
- And last but not least: the joy of passing on knowledge
The programme duration is approximately 12 months (April to April). It is recommended that the mentoring tandem meet in intervals of 6–8 weeks. At least four of these meeting should be conducted in person. Experience has shown that meetings can last between two and three hours. The timing and content can be freely coordinated by the mentoring tandem. Organising the meetings is the responsibility of the mentee.