The exclusive PATEC Accelerator supports selected start-up teams in the (pre-)seed phase on their way to implementing their start-up project. We prepare you for the first round of financing and accelerate the development of your start-up in a short time through workshops, coaching and mentoring.
Applications for the 2nd batch (20.10. to 15.12.) are open until 3rd September 2023.
The prospective start-ups enjoy individual mentoring from start-up advisors of the University of Passau, the PATEC Start-up Hubs as well as external start-up experts and are supported in reaching important milestones through the following programme components:
- Intensive support in the implementation of your start-up project through the PATEC Accelerator start-up network
- Motivation, encouragement, and empowerment to successfully establish your venture
- Free (!) participation in relevant interdisciplinary workshops and coaching sessions as well as individual office hours
- Development of interdisciplinary core competencies, strategic knowledge as well as important soft skills for founders
- Transfer of knowledge, contacts and "business rules" within the start-up scene
- Establishment of a sustainable network and use of potential synergy effects
- Receipt of a certificate of participation
- Lots of fun and nice people
- Applications are open to founders / founding teams from all disciplines who are currently within the (pre-)founding phase of their start-up, i.e. who have not yet founded their company but show a high potential to implement their start-up idea within one year.
- At least one member of the founding team has a connection to the University of Passau (students of all disciplines, employees, or alumni whose graduation dates back no longer than five years).
- Ideally, you have already developed a prototype or MVP.
- Ideally, you have already participated in a start-up program at the University of Passau (e.g., Honour's Degree in Digital Technology and Entrepreneurship, 5-Euro Business Competition, Female Founders' Academy, Sustainable Entrepreneurship Module).
- You are motivated, committed, and willing to participate in the entire program of the Accelerator, including the evaluation (workload: approx. 15 hours per week).
- You would like to use the opportunity to network with other founding teams as well as with mentors and external experts.
The following documents must be uploaded or incorporated at the end of the application form:
- Written Executive Summary (PDF-file) following the guideline (max. 2 pages)
- Three-minute Intro Video (YouTube-Link) of the founding team, answering the following questions:
- Who are you (introduction of the team) and what motivates you to participate in the PATEC Accelerator?
- What problem are you trying to solve with your start-up idea? What is special about your product or service?
- What have you reached until now (current status) and what would you like to reach at the end of the PATEC Accelerator (target definition)? In which area do you currently need support?
- What was your biggest (team) challenge so far and how did you solve it?
We look forward to receiving your applications!
The programme coordination will gladly assist you with all concerns and questions regarding the PATEC Accelerator.
|Target group:||Prospective start-ups in the (pre-)seed phase (see participation requirements)|
|Fee:||Free of charge|
|Duration:||10 weeks on a part-time basis|
|Location:||Passau (possibly partly hybrid)|
|Application deadline:||Application until 20th August 2023|
|Kick-off-meeting:||20th October 2023|
|Final event:||15th December 2023|
Practical workshops and individual coaching sessions (approx. 1-3 times per week, each lasting 1-4 hours, in some cases full days, plus following up), mentoring and networking events.
*Workload: approx. 15 hours per week*