All You Can Do is an intercultural volunteer buddy programme. Refugee and international students are matched in teams with German or German-speaking students, who then engage in local volunteer projects together. In doing so, All You Can Do cooperates with non-profit actors in the city as well as the district of Passau and queries the current needs for volunteer work.
Through volunteering, students gain practical experience, further develop their so-called soft skills for their later professional life and have fun. The programme aims to strengthen the integration of refugee and international students and was established within the framework of the Refugee Programme of the University of Passau, which is funded by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
By participating as a student you can...
- make new acquaintances with other students from all over the world,
- get to know Passau from a different perspective, help people, and make new contacts outside the University bubble,
- acquire knowledge in intercultural teamwork and project management as well as expand your personal soft skills,
- improve your language skills in English or German, and
- even apply your theoretical knowledge from your studies.
By participating as a cooperation partner, you can profit from...
- the innovative ideas of the students,
- the intercultural perspective,
- the (wo-) manpower of the motivated students,
- the diversity of the teams, and
- the expertise acquired by the students during their studies.
Students can get ECTS points for their volunteer work within All You Can Do in some study programmes at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and the Faculty of Business, Economics and Information Systems. Requirements for a recognition must be discussed with the student coordinators.
Students have the opportunity to develop and implement their own project within the project seminar by Dr. Martina Maletzky de Garcia. Students will get ECTS points for the participation in the seminar if they prepare a project report.