Staff from foreign companies and organisations can also be invited to German higher education institutions for teaching purposes.
Detailed information on the application procedure can be obtained from Stefanie Dallmeier during a personal interview. Please make an appointment. Applications can be submitted on an ongoing basis.
Staff mobility must take place in a programme country which is neither the country of the sending higher education institution (except incoming mobility) nor the country of the main residence of the person concerned.
For teaching purposes, the mobility of university staff from a German higher education institution with ECHE (outgoing mobility) to a host university with ECHE as well as the mobility of staff from another institution based in another programme country (incoming mobility) may be promoted. Mobility must take place on the labour market or in the fields of education, training or youth to a German higher education institution with ECHE for teaching purposes.
Teaching stays within Europe last between two days and two months (in each case without travel times); the teaching workload is at least eight hours per stay or per week commenced.
- Professors and lecturers with a contractual relationship to the higher education institution
- Lecturers without remuneration
- Lecturer with contracts for work
- Emeritus professors and retired lecturers
- Lecturers and researchers
- Company personnel
The accommodation costs, including accommodation allowance, depend on the number of days spent at the receiving institution plus, if necessary, an additional day for arrival and departure. The unit cost per day depends on the destination country and the length of stay; from the 15th day onwards the rate is reduced.
Country groups according to funding rates in project 17/18:
- Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom: €160 or €112 from the 15th day onwards
- Austria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Turkey: €140 or €98 from the 15th day onwards
- Germany, Latvia, Malta, Macedonia (FYROM), Portugal, Slovakia, Spain: €120 or €84 from the 15th day onwards
Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania, Slovenia: €100 or €70 from 15th day onwards
The travel expenses are calculated based on distance as the crow flies determined with the European Commission Distance Calculator and are reimbursed as follows:https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/resources/distance-calculator_en
10 – 99 km: €20
100 – 499 km: €180
500 – 1,999 km: €275
2,000 – 2,999 km: €360
3,000 – 3,999 km: €530
4,000 – 7,999 km: €820
8,000 km and more: €1,300
The total amount is calculated from the travel costs plus the unit costs multiplied by the number of days spent abroad. Ideally, the money is paid in advance and only confirmed with the business travel statement.
Please remember to settle your business expenses within 45 days of your return from abroad; otherwise your entitlement to funding will lapse.
- Stay based on a coordinated programme
- Professional exchange and new perspectives
- Strengthening your own skills
- Expansion and intensification of networks