If you have arrived on this page through a search engine, please check that you are in the right place:
- Do you wish to apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Passau?
- And are you entitled to apply directly to the University, without using uni-assist?
If you are not sure about anything, you can use the "How to apply" interactive guide on this page, or you can return to the overview page about applying to navigate from there.
In terms of the direct application process, there are two types of undegraduate degree programmes:
The application procedure depends on your intended degree programme and on your academic background and qualifications. Please answer the questions below, then follow the link to get specific information on the application process and what documents to include in your application.
The following undergraduate programmes do not have restrictions on new student numbers during the current application cycle:
- Bachelor Business Administration and Economics
- Bachelor Computer Science
- Bachelor European Studies
- Bachelor European Studies Major
- Bachelor Governance and Public Policy
- Bachelor Historical Sciences
- Bachelor Information Systems
- Bachelor Internet Computing
- Bachelor Language and Text Sciences
- Bachelor Mathematics
- Bachelor Secondary Education
- Law undergraduate programme
- Teacher training programme for primary education
- Teacher training programme for secondary education (Mittelschule)
- Teacher training programme for secondary education (Realschule)
- Teacher training programme for secondary education (Gymnasium)
Prospective students who are entitled to apply directly (without using uni-assist) can secure their place of study on an unrestricted undergraduate programme by enrolling themselves, provided they meet all requirements.
The following undergraduate programmes have restrictions on new student numbers during the current application cycle:
- Bachelor Digital Transformation in Business and Society
- Bachelor International Cultural and Business Studies
- Bachelor Journalism and Strategic Communication
- Bachelor Legal Tech
- Bachelor Media and Communication
Prospective students who are entitled to apply directly (without using uni-assist) can obtain a place of study on an access restricted undergraduate programme by submitting an application before the applicable deadline. For more information, please visit the Applications for access restricted undergraduate programmes page.