Criteria of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Information Systems (especially for B.Sc. Business Administration and Economics)
The above selection criteria are applied accordingly to the other degree programmes of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Information Systems.
I) Entry requirements
- have studied at least two semesters (Bachelor) or at least one semester (Master) at the University of Passau by the start of their studies abroad;
- have a good command of the foreign language in question so that they can participate meaningfully in their studies abroad right from the start.
III) Priority criteria
The International Committee of the Faculty of Economic Science decides on the order in which applicants who meet the requirements are considered, namely based on the following criteria:
- According to the average grade of the passed examinations from the compulsory modules of the first three semesters (Bachelor) or the first semester as well as the Bachelor grade (Master). If not all examination results are available by the application deadline, please inform us of this in your application.
- According to your existing language skills (FFA training /UniCert)
- In exceptional cases, preference will be given to applicants who had to be postponed in the previous year solely due to the absence of a formal requirement, which has since been met. In cases of doubt, the quality of the CV and the study project are important.
The final selection among the applicants is made by the Internationalisation Officer of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Information Systems.
IV) Recognition process
If you want to take exams at the partner university during the semester abroad that are to be recognised in Passau, you must conclude a learning agreement before starting the semester abroad. The learning agreement proves that the coursework and assessments you have completed at the foreign partner university are equivalent to those required by your degree programme in Passau. The respective subject representatives will inform you about recognition possibilities and, if necessary, issue a learning agreement.
V. Leave of absence/temporary withdrawal
Up to two semesters abroad in which the student has been on leave according to Art. 64 subsections 2 to 4 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG) are not counted towards the study period. However, the prerequisite is that the student has demonstrably studied at an economics faculty abroad during the semester abroad and submits a proof of achievement or, if it was not possible for him to obtain a proof of achievement, recognition by an academic faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in the Federal Republic of Germany.
All information subject to correction