What we do
The University's Welcome Centre is the first port of call for international (early career) academics who need assistance with matters of residence status, insurances, accommodation, access to the university’s infrastructure (ZIM credentials & CampusCard), support for their families travelling with them and furthering integration.
With its service portfolio, the Welcome Centre strengthens the internationalisation of the University and supports the hosting chairs and institutions.
The staff of the Welcome Centre additionally serve as contact persons for international guests who join the University as part of the Erasmus+ personal mobility programme for further training and education or teaching.
Who can use our services?
We cater to international academics who come to Passau alone or accompanied by their families, irrespective of the length of stay.
We offer our services to:
- international (guest) lecturers/professors
- international (guest) researchers
- international academic research and teaching staff
- international doctoral candidates (important information for doctoral researchers)
- international postdoctoral researchers
- international research interns
- international research alumni/alumnae
How to register
Once you know you are coming to Passau or once you have notified us about your guest or new co-worker with our form, we will get in touch and ask you about the individual needs with which you need our support. Here you can find our registration form.