Students who, due to a disability or long-term serious or chronic illness, are not able to complete examinations in full or in part under the prescribed conditions or take them by the deadlines specified in the study and examination regulations are eligible for exam access arrangements. These may take the form of extra time to complete an exam or other suitable accommodations to compensate for the disadvantage posed by the illness or disability.
Detailed information on exam access arrangements can also be obtained from the advice service for students with disabilities or chronic illness.
- Fill out the application form
- Send it to the Examinations Office marked for the attention of Ms Walther, Innstrasse 41, 94032 Passau,
- Enclose the necessary evidence with the application (current certificate from a consultant or medical certificate, certificate of disability if available or other certificates). Without sufficient details and evidence, no exam access arrangements can be granted.
You should submit your application as early as possible during your studies but no later than during the registration period for the examinations.
Please also enclose with the application the completed Notification of Exam Access Arrangements Form for the examinations in the current semester. If you have been granted approval for exam access arrangements for your entire degree, you still have to notify your examinations each semester using this form by the relevant deadline!
As a rule, the Board of Examiners and/or examining committee will make a decision on your application within two to three weeks (adjustment of examination conditions or extension of deadlines).
You will be notified of the result in writing.
If your request for an adjustment of the examination conditions is approved, you need to inform your examiner without delay, ideally during the registration period and – if you are sitting a centrally organised examination – the Examinations Office.
Please take your official notice with you when you attend the exam.
You decide for which examinations you wish to use the measures which have been granted. For this reason, the examiners and the Examinations Office (for centrally organised examinations) require you to specify for which examinations you need the examination conditions to be adjusted each semester.
- Please use the Notification of Exam Access Arrangements Form to provide this information.
- Submit the form during the registration period. If applications are received after the deadline, we cannot guarantee that requirements will be taken into consideration in the examination plan.
- In the case of centrally organised examinations, the Examinations Office will inform you in writing when and where you will take your examination.
The application procedure which has been described relates to examinations for bachelor’s and master’s programmes at the University of Passau. The regulations of the respective examination offices apply for state examinations.
Teacher Education Programmes
The LJPA provides information on how to apply for exam access arrangements for students with a disability or chronic illnesses with regard to the state examination:
Ms Katrin Knaus
Phone: 089 5597 2604
Monday to Friday:
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday:
1:15 – 3:00 p.m.
A consultation is often necessary to determine the specific compensatory measures.
Please feel free to take advantage of the consultation opportunities in the examination office by the responsible clerk and make an appointment for this by e-mail or telephone.
Ms. Ulrike Bunge, the reprensentative for students with disabilities and chronic illnesses, will also be happy to advise you.
The social counseling servic of the Studentenwerk will advise you, among other things, in case of financial difficulties, questions about tenancy law and studying with a child.