Online application and required documents
Important: We no only accept online applications
Applications for study-abroad programmes at partner universities must be submitted to the International Office digitally in PDF form.
Please gather all required application documents (remember to sign the application form) in one PDF file and email it to email@example.com.
Please apply online for your study programme abroad. Please proceed as follows:
- Fill in the online form under 'My application' completely and send the data online.
- Sign the created PDF document, scan it and email it together with all the necessary application documents as one single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your address changes after we receive your application documents, please notify the International Office immediately (any change of address you enter in HISQIS is not forwarded to us).
Important: You can only submit one application per academic year (winter semester and subsequent summer semester) for European (Erasmus+) and one application for non-European partner universities (each with up to three desired higher education institutions). Please only apply to partner universities with the same application deadline – do not mix partner universities with different application deadlines in with your preferred higher education institutions! When you accept a confirmation from us for a partner university, the applications for the other higher education institutions are cancelled automatically.
Required documents for the application at a partner university
- Online application
- A curriculum vitae in tabular form in the main language of instruction, which also provides information on non-university activities such as internships. The main language of the lectures depends on the selected universities. When choosing higher education institutions in multi-language countries, you have to write CVs in the various languages.
- Cover letterincluding study plans (one to a maximum of one and a half pages) in the main language of instruction in relation to the host university with the highest priority. The main language of the lectures depends on the selected universities. When choosing higher education institutions in different language areas, you must write cover letters in different languages.
- Performance records
- HISQIS excerpt incl. average grade (if offered for your degree programme), including the language examinations ('participation certificates' of the Language Centre are not required. If no certificates of language examinations are available, other proof of language skills, e.g. a copy of the Abitur certificate, must be submitted.)
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate (for Master’s degree students)
- Copy of your preliminary examination or preliminary examination certificate (if required and available in your programme)
- certificate of study progress ('Studienverlaufsbescheinigung')