Please apply online for your study abroad. Please proceed as follows:
- Fill out the online form under 'My application' completely and send the data online.
- Printout the created PDF document, sign it and submit it at the International Office together with all the necessary application documents. You can also send the documents to the International Office by post (NOT by registered mail). If you would like a confirmation of receipt, please enclose an addressed and franked postcard.
Should your address change after receipt of your application documents, please notify the International Office immediately (address changes in HISQIS cannot be accessed!).
Important: you can submit one applicationper academic year (winter semester and subsequent summer semester) for European (Erasmus+) and one application for non-European partner universities (each with up to three desired higher education institutions). Please only apply to partner universities of the same application deadline – do not mix partner universities with different application deadlines in with your preferred higher education institutions! As soon as you receive a confirmation from us for a partner university and accept it, the application procedure for the other higher education institutions of your choice ends.
- Online application
- A curriculum vitae in tabular form in the main language of instruction, which also provides information on non-university activities such as internships. The main language of the lectures depends on the selected universities. When choosing higher education institutions in multi-language countries, you have to write CVs in the various languages.
- Cover letterincluding study plans (one to a maximum of one and a half pages) in the main language of instruction in relation to the host university with the highest priority. The main language of the lectures depends on the selected universities. When choosing higher education institutions in different language areas, you must write cover letters in different languages.
- Performance records
- HISQIS excerpt incl. average grade (if offered for your degree programme)
- A copy of all the certificates or HISQIS excerpts you have acquired so far, including the language examinations ('participation certificates' of the Language Centre are not required. If no certificates of language examinations are available, other proof of language skills, e.g. a copy of the Abitur certificate, must be submitted.)
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate (for Master’s degree students)
- Copy of your preliminary examination or preliminary examination certificate (if required and available in your programme)
- Copies of a certificate of study progress ('Studienverlaufsbescheinigung') stating that you have studied at least two semesters at the University of Passau or another German university.