How do I put together my timetable? Who are my coursemates? What pitfalls do I need to watch out for when organising my studies? You'll get the answers by attending the Orientation Week (a.k.a. 'O-Woche' in German), which takes place before regular teaching commences. Organised by the student committees, this induction to university life will help you get started at university!
Winter semester 2020/21
- Orientation Weeks for International Students: 12 October - 1 November 2020
- Orientation Week for Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics students: 19 October - 30 October
- Orientation Week for all other faculties' students: 26 October - 30 October 2020
We recommend international students to take part in their faculty's orientation week as well as the international orientation weeks.
The International Office offers Orientation Weeks for new international students. These coincide with the general O-Woche, but provide more information specifically tailored to international students starting out at the University.
For the general O-Wochen for all students, each faculty's student committee ('Fachchaft') puts together their own programme. You'll be able to find the programmes of events (all of which will take place online this year) around one or two weeks ahead of the Orientation Week on the following web pages:
- Orientation Week for students enrolled at the Faculty of Law
- Orientation Week for students enrolled at the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
- Orientation Week for students enrolled at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Orientation Week for students enrolled at the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics
- Orientation Week for students on teacher training programmes
IT induction events
The Centre for Information Technology and Media Services offers events where you can find out about your user name and password, access to e-learning systems, email and wifi. This year, a video guide was produced:
The Language Centre offers information about