Promotion of internationalisation
Under the Promotion of Internationalisation ('Förderung der Internationalisierung') funding programme, the University provides travel grants to German and international degree-seeking students of the University of Passau for study purposes.
Doctoral students (national, international) cannot be supported by the programme.
Please send applications for internships exclusively to the Centre for Careers and Competencies (please note the application deadlines).
Funding source and amount
The University of Passau has received funds from the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts for the purpose of promoting internationalisation. These funds can be used to provide travel grants to students. These funds are available to German students for their voluntary research stays abroad and international students who have to complete a compulsory stay abroad.
Only the actual travel costs incurred (flight tickets, airport transfer) are eligible for funding:
- up to 500 euros within Europe
- up to 1,000 euros outside Europe
- 1 April
- 1 October
Important: Please submit your application before you leave Passau!
- Online application form
Please note that we only consider complete online application documents.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form with passport photo
- Certificate of enrolment
- Description of the project in terms of content and timeframe with a cost breakdown.
It is sufficient to submit a short description, no longer than one DINA4 page. It would be best if the flight invoice and, if applicable, e-tickets were also enclosed.
- Academic report by a professor from the University of Passau.
The professor should discuss the student's plans, level of achievement and eligibility for funding.
- List of certificates, intermediate examination certificate, final examination certificate (current excerpt from the Campusportal)
- Invitation or confirmation from the foreign university (letter, e-mail, etc.)
- Proof of need (e.g. BAföG notification, etc.)
If BAföG is not granted, please do not enclose any documents.
Additional documents after your stay
- Flight ticket
- Original Tickets
If these are no longer available, a declaration must be written by the student confirming that the tickets have not been submitted to another institution for funding of the project. This declaration must be signed by the student himself/herself!
- For semesters abroad, the enrolment certificate of the university abroad must be submitted.
The grant is means-tested, which means that the financial circumstances of the applicant and any persons obliged to provide maintenance to the applicant are taken into account, as appropriate. Your gross annual income will not affect the stipend if it is below the following threshold amounts:
- for the applicant: 15,000 euros
- for each additional dependent child: 8,000 euros
No grants may be awarded for language courses abroad or to cover the tuition fees charged by foreign universities.
The scholarship funds are primarily dispensed to students at an advanced stage of their studies (i.e. in their 3rd semester or higher and for younger graduates); applicants must submit relevant supporting documents.