Internationalism is a key characteristic of the University of Passau. Students of all degree programmes have the option of studying abroad at one of our global partner universities for a semester or more.
Moreover, our language courses and subject-specific language programmes in Chinese, Czech, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese give you an edge on the international job market and make you an attractive candidate for multinational companies.
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science (can be studied entirely in English or German)
- Master of Science in Computational Mathematics
- Master of Arts Development Studies
- Master of Science in International Economics and Business (can be studied entirely in English or German)
Multilingual degree programmes with German as the principal language of instruction
You can earn a degree from the University of Passau and a partner university at the same time. The University of Passau has double degree programmes in place with universities in Argentina, England, France, Hungary, Russia, Scotland, Spain and Turkey.
International Bachelor's programme: 3+1: 3 years in Passau, one year abroad
Degree programmes with a compulsory stay abroad
- Bachelor of Arts in European Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in International Cultural and Business Studies
- Master of Arts in North and Latin American Studies (MANoLAS)
Integrated study abroad component of the Law programme
As a student enrolled in the Law programme, you can take Foreign Law as your specialisation at a partner university. The completed coursework will count towards your degree in Passau. The University of Passau has cooperative partnerships with the following universities:
- Toledo (Spain)
- Plzen (Czech Republic)
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- St. Petersburg (Russia)
- Krasnoyarsk (Russia) – information in German
- Toulouse (France) – information in German
More information about the Foreign Law specialisation (German)
Professors of the University of Passau teach degree courses in German at universities abroad; these courses receive funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The University is keen to sharpen its international profile and offer international students interesting prospects. At the same time, the University is keen to provide German students with attractive, internationally-oriented degree programmes. It is therefore indispensable that students have a wide selection of English-taught courses at their disposal.
Below is a list of English-taught courses offered by the Faculties and institutions of the University.